Poor Weather Conditions when flying from Gatwick Airport.
Travelling can be stressful, especially if there are disruptions or delays outside of your control.
The great British climate is frustrating, dry one minute, down pours the next! Airports and airlines struggle to operate in extreme weather conditions and with the recent snow, ice and rain around, it makes sense to do your homework before you travel. It is important you stay safe.
Many of the things that often go wrong for travellers can be prevented or made less stressful, by taking a little time to research, considering these simple precautions and ensuring pre-travel preparations.
- Check the weather conditions and keep an eye on the Gatwick airport page, for their travel advice.
- Check flight details with your airline as soon as possible, if your flight is cancelled, you may be better off staying at home.
- Find your flight details on the Gatwick flight live checker to see if there are any delays or cancellations https://www.gatwickairport.com/flights/
- Read up on your destination, including weather conditions, the local laws and customs. Check out travel advice for the country you are visiting too so you pack the right attire.
- Be sure to leave as much time as possible for travelling to the airport – poor weather conditions can cause delays and traffic issues on the roads, meaning you will need longer to get to Gatwick airport.
- Make sure you have a valid travel insurance policy, even if you’re only planning a short trip. You never know what may happen.
- Try to stay calm, you are in safe hands, the airlines know what they are doing and if your flight has been delayed or cancelled it is for your own safety!
** Important ** Decide how you’re going to get to the airport and where you will leave your car. You want your car back at the end of your trip, so it is crucial it is kept and stored safely.
For the best parking deals, book well in advance of travel. There are many different options, but Ace Airport Meet and Greet Parking Gatwick is one of the closest to the airport, offers total security and peace of mind and has options for all budgets and needs. Plus, we are Gatwick approved and endorsed by Gatwick Airport themselves, which puts your mind at rest.